[squeak-dev] SqueakTrunk image on build.squeak.org broken?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:19:38 UTC 2013

On 10/29/13, 5:42 AM, "Pavel Krivanek" <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> for Squeak we were able to shrink the system to a small kernel and
> reload and initialize the Morphic back long ago. In 2006. Two years
> before Pharo started to exist. The reason why Pharo can do it now and
> Squeak not is not technical.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

I take your mail for say MUCHAS GRACIAS for your work of all this years.
Extend to Guillermo and other people working on Hazelnut, Seed and related.
Wish know if you have a special list for this, Pharo list this days send too
many mails and los my focus.

To Nicolas, maybe I'm Dr. Frankenstein and like to build a Creature of best
parts of Squeak , Pharo and Cuis.

What I wish.

Kind of backwards compatibility which Pharo and Cuis lack now.
That do not means you must have a bad system.
Juan have a beautiful system and if I'm was younger stick to Cuis

Pharo seems the most serious, but again, change too fast to my taste.

This Wednesday we start Smalltalks 2013 here in Rosario

 http://www.fast.org.ar/smalltalks2013

So I take the opportunity to talk face to face with bright people.

Edgar