[squeak-dev] fonts, characterscanners and dead primitive 103

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Sep 5 03:24:47 UTC 2013

After simplifying the scanning code a bit I'm looking into why we have the seemingly insane situation of two parallel hierarchies of CharacterScanner. So far it looks like there are no really substantive differences between CharacterScanner and MultiCharacterScanner and their subclasses. This seems like a mistake somewhere; certainly it could be mine, missing something important.

What is the intent of MultiXXXXX ? What is CombinedChar for? Are they, honestly, still needed? Or should the older versions be removed instead? Who wrote the new classes and is that person still maintaining them? Is he/she still around here?

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Utinam coniurati te in foro interficiant! = May conspirators assassinate you in the mall!