[squeak-dev] [ANN] New source.squeak.org prototype

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 22:12:48 UTC 2013

> With Monticello-cmm.569 it seems to be doing the right things. Very nice!
>
> One question - Browse mc versions gives a patch browser that displays the
> versions, but it does not seem to be showing method timestamp and author
> initial information,

You have #annotationPanes preference enabled, don't you?  If so, which
method is it not showing up for?  It seems to be working for me..

> or the mc origin of each method version. Is this
> not yet implemented, or am I missing something in my image that is present
> in yours?

Do you mean a context-menu entry 'Browse mc origin' on the Patch
Browser's context menu?  I had not thought of that but yes, since each
displayed PatchOperation knows its #definition, I suppose that could
be done.

It's not implemented but a work-around is simply select "install" on
the one you want to know the origin, then select "Browse mc origin"
from the Hierarchy or PackagePane browser.  Don't forget to revert the
method if you don't actually want it part of your image.