[squeak-dev] Updating from Squeak4.5-12641.zip opens merge dialog

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 10 00:39:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 11:43:09AM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> You're welcome :)
>
> You might as well do that - click Keep then click Merge. Given that
> the "change" is a reordering of system categories it doesn't really
> matter.
>
> What diffs do you see between your local FlexibleVocabularies and
> ScriptLoader, and those versions in trunk?
>
> ScriptLoader is still present in the image, but it should now be
> completely empty. ScriptLoader-fbs.337 should be the last commit for
> that package, and 45Deprecated-fbs.3 is the other half of the move,
> showing the deprecation of the entire package. It'll then get removed
> in the 4.6 cycle, I think.
>
> What you're doing is pretty much the manual version of what _should_
> be a completely automated task. Ideally you should be able to pull a
> pristine trunk from
> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/
> but at the moment that's broken. I'm still trying to find out why the
> SqueakTrunk job (whose successful completion kicks off the
> ReleaseSqueakTrunk job) doesn't correctly update the image.
>
> frank

FYI, I just changed the InterpreterVM and CogVM jobs on build.squeak.org
to use a Squeak 4.4 release image for the VM source tarball builds. I'll
change them back to use the SqueakTrunk images whenever we get the issues
sorted out there, but meanwhile the process of generating VM source tarballs
from VMMaker and the Subversion repository is not very dependent on Squeak
image version, so this should do fine for now.

Dave