Removing OneCharacterSymbols (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-nice.530.mcz)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Sep 13 08:20:25 UTC 2013

Hi

Am 13.09.2013 um 10:11 schrieb Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:

> On 2013-09-13, at 08:40, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ... but it's not released yet.
>
> Anyway, it looks like we can pretty safely remove it. In particular if the syntax error notifier lets us easily fix an occurrence when trying to load older code - does it?

Personally, I really hate it when those syntax error windows pop up.
I have to abort the whole loading, fix the code by hand and try again, don't I?
  Your comment seems to imply that I can change the respective code and save it?
If so, we _really_ should make that syntax error stuff more accessible.
And probably indicate what preferences to tune to make certain code load.
I mean, Squeak hasn't enabled underscore selectors by default, which
I tripped over several times, with said syntax error window. Would be
gorgeous if the window _could_ indicate which preference to tune…

Best
	-Tobias