[squeak-dev] MC accessing 'source/squeak.org' fails with 301/301 type error

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Sep 18 15:37:05 UTC 2013

Am 18.09.2013 um 17:31 schrieb "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com>:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 03:59:55PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-09-18, at 01:25, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>>> ? but source.squeak.org/trunk is fine.
>>>
>>> Wild guess that some redirect doohickey isn't hickeying its doo quite right?
>>

>> Tobias just added some redirect handling but perhaps not in all places.
>>
>> However, what exactly do you expect from MC accessing source.squeak.org, which is not a repository?
>>

> Only very slightly off topic I hope:
>
> I am bringing squeaksource.com up on box3.squeak.org, running on port 8888.
> I am a newbie on Apache and I am trying to figure out how to set it up.
>
> The original config file from squeaksource.com (the real one that is running
> at SCG) has these rules:
>

>        RewriteEngine On
>
>        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/@.* [NC]
>        RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (bot|seeker|search) [NC]
>        RewriteRule . - [F,L]
>
>        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/squeaksource/.*$ [NC]
>        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8888/$1 [P,L]
>

> So now I want to test it on box3 by arranging for http://box3.squeak.org
> to map requests to the service running on port 8888. This would be just
> for testing so I can make sure it works before trying to mess around with
> the real URLs.
>
> I tried doing this (just as a wild guess) and it did not seem to work:
>
>        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/box3/.*$ [NC]

This one must match the path on the server.
The Idea is that you have the image _just listeingin on localhost:8888_
and the public proxy (apache/nginx/whatever) just forwarding to that
thing (this is what this line does:)

>        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8888/$1 [P,L]
>

> Can anyone tell me how to write a rule that would cause http://box3.squeak.org
> to be mapped to the squeaksource service running on port 8888?

First, arrange that squeaksource is the default seaside app in the image
so that it responds to requests on /.
Then, just use the first (with On) and the last Rewrite-statement.

Best
	-Tobias