[squeak-dev] sqConnectToAddressSize: Address family not supported by protocol

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 17:14:59 UTC 2013

Name-resolution does not seem to be the issue.  NetNameResolver
produces a SocketAddress whose printString pretty much matches what I
get using "host" on the linux command-line.

The issue is that Squeak is unable to use its own SocketAddress
representation to make the connection.  And it reports this error from
the VM:

   sqConnectToAddressSize: Address family not supported by protocol

Does anyone know what that means?