[squeak-dev] Squeak CI build.squeak.org update 12781 staled

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:48:53 UTC 2013

Ah, OK, this is because the image is trying to evaluate a String...
So a Compiler is fired and starts to evaluate...
But during evaluation, Compiler changes itself (I removed an instance
variable too fast).
And when it's time to log change, then the sourceStream inst. var. does not
exist anymore...
This could be more catastrophic like letting such obsolete compiled method
access past object bounds, but this time we were lucky...

So the Compiler changes should have been split into several steps...
Changing the tools we are using to change the tools must be tricky...
Unless we delegate this job to a clone