[squeak-dev] fonts, characterscanners and dead primitive 103

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 24 00:41:52 UTC 2013

On 23-09-2013, at 5:29 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have done one part of this job independently, removed all senders of getPresentation getPresentationLines
> This covers FormCanvas>paragraph3:bounds:colour: and TextMorph>drawOnTest: and a bunch of other (see attached change set)
> This then enables removing presentation presentationLines and numOfComposition from MultiCharacterScanner and get the two hierarchies a bit closer...
> As i said in another mail, rendering CombinedChar and transforming WideString to precomposed or not are two orthogonal matters, there is no reason to fuse the two notions, so my feeling is that we must redo this part.
> And the font should be responsible of displaying the CombinedChar…

OK, we need to be careful to not stomp on each other's feet here.

wrt your changeset -

GrafPort>displayScannerForMulti… can't see any change but it should be completely deleted anyway
MultiNewParagraph stuff should all go away

I'll remove some of the pointless nasties and submit the package(s), you make sure to update before starting work tomorrow ;-)

tim
Time to start the War on Errorism before stupidity finally gets us.