[squeak-dev] #isBreakableAt:in:

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 21:21:00 UTC 2013

2013/9/21 tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>

> a) There are {language}environment classes and encoding classes. There is
> #isBreakableAt:in: implemented in both but seemingly unused in the encoding
> classes because it is just plain broken there. Should it be removed from
> the encoders? In the language environment classes it is implemented to
> return true for space and cr by default, but space, cr & lf in Latin1 and
> Latin2. Is that as expected?
>

>From what I understand:
- no need to answer true for space, cr, lf since these are already handled
in the CharacterScanner stopConditions, so default answer should be ^false
(unless one of these is removed from stopConditions, I thought I saw that,
but cannot remember...)
- whether it should be in EncodedCharSet or LanguageEnvironment, I don't
know...

I don't completely like the Multi* version...
For example, when the last breakable char is not a space, there is no
adjustment of space width.
Maybe Justified makes no sense in Japanese?
I'd very much like to have tests describing the exepectations...

 tim