[squeak-dev] fonts, characterscanners and dead primitive 103

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 22:32:08 UTC 2013

Ah, the tool for you is MC Configuration Browser.
Here is how to use:

1) open MC browser
2) open repository browser on trunk
3) select (pseudo) package named update and latest update version
(update-nice.247.mcm)
4) click Browse button

At this stage you have a MC Configuration Browser armed for the massacre of
text composition.

5) Arrange to load in your image all the packages that you want to figure
in the map
(Multilingual-tpr.174 and  Graphics-tpr.229)

6) Select the Multilingual package in the configuration browser list
(Multilingual-nice.171)
7) pop up menu and 'update this dependency from image'
8) redo with Graphics
9) click Store button and accept update-tpr.248, publish in trunk

At this stage, you gained a MC configuration publisher skill.

Now if Graphics-tpr.230 is really an intermediate requirement, you could
make a second update-tpr.249
Note that you can also mess with the package load order in last resort (the
top most in the list is loaded/merged first).
Since currently Graphics is loaded before Multilingual, I don't think that
the second update is necessary...

If you do that, you'll get the MC configuration hacker skill, and it's not
recommended to get two MC skills in a single evening.