[squeak-dev] How do I convince a Workspace to stop "helping" me?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Apr 10 01:33:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 07:54:35PM -0500, Colin Putney wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

> > I tried both of those, no joy. Actually, I looked through every preference
> > in the Preference Browser, and all the settings in the workspace menu. I
> > must
> > be missing something, but I can't make this feature go away.
> >

> You want the "Auto Enclose" preference in category "Morphic".

Thank you, thank you! That was the problem.

Somehow it never occurred to me that this feature would be related to Morphic,
possibly because it isn't. But the feature is not implemented in MVC, so I
guess that makes it a Morphic preference ;-)

> I can't stand it either. Surprisingly little of my coding consists of
> typing code out linearly.

I also find it quite interesting to see how much attention is paid to "making
coding more productive," as if entering more words per minute into code panes
would somehow relate in any positive way to productivity.

Dave