[squeak-dev] old school 4.5 and is cog now the standard VM for Squeak 4.5 all-in-one?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Apr 14 04:28:13 UTC 2014

So, the question is: how does one create the old school Squeak
distribution of source/image/chages files + a VM application?

There's no documentation for that on the new website that I can find,
and while I'm pretty sure I can sorta tease things apart in the Mac
all-in-one and combine them properly in a folder, I'd prefer a
standardized way to do it that I can point people to.

Also, is it true that Squeak 4.5 all-in-one is now using the Cog VMs? Is
that standard on all platforms, and is it the stack interpreter or the
accelerated version? How does one make sure that the fastest version is
being used, BTW?

Thanks.

Lawson

--
Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan