[squeak-dev] open paren/brace/bracket...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 17 21:08:12 UTC 2014

On 17-04-2014, at 1:54 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well it does, for the same reason.  Whether typing code, prose,
> comments, snippets or HTML, a close-parenthesis is sure to need to
> follow an open..

Really? What if the close is already there because you’re edit text? Oh, wait, we’re supposed to be too cool to edit text these days…

I claim that the reasonable position is that simple typing simply types. Clever extras ought to involve a tiny bit of extra work, such as alt-( or alt-CR etc.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SG: Show Garbage