[squeak-dev] open paren/brace/bracket...

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Apr 17 23:27:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 03:12:04PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

> Some people like to "edit text" and some people like to "edit
> expressions".  Personally, I find "editing text" pretty old-school,
> and a lot more tedious..

I like to edit my shopping list in a workspace. It would be great if
this could consist of executable expressions that produced groceries
on my doorstep, but alas that feature remains unimplemented. Meanwhile,
having a syntax assistant interfering with my typing is an annoyance,
rather like that little paper clip assistant that Microsoft decided that
we were all going to love a few years ago.

On second thought, maybe it's not such a bad idea ... I bet Tim could
do an animated squeaky mouse morph (after all, the eyes are already working).
We could have it detect typing activity, then scurry around the insertion
cursor leaving little mouse droppings that turn into syntax suggestions.
We might need to make it a preference though ;-)

Dave