[squeak-dev] Re: Some DateAndTime experiments

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:31:43 UTC 2014

You probably looked at this but Chronos, in the unadulterated Squeak 4.4
all-in-one, is ~2.5x faster than DateAndTime.  E.g.

[100000 timesRepeat: [Timepoint now]] timeToRun 387

[100000 timesRepeat: [DateAndTime now]] timeToRun  971

Maybe there are some ideas worth taking in there.

The Chronos repo is here:

MCHttpRepository
	location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Chronos/Chronos/main'
	user: ''