[squeak-dev] refactoring

Andreas Wacknitz a.wacknitz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 23 16:51:43 UTC 2014

Hi Helmut,

Am 23.04.2014 um 08:18 schrieb Helmut Rohregger <helmut.rohregger at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> because I didn't get response to my question in the beginners list, I
> post it here.
>
> Is there an easy way to change instance methods to class methods?
> I know it is possible to drag and drop single methods. But I am looking
> for the possibility to move 100+ methods at once.
>
> - Helmut

Are you really trying to move 100+ methods within a single class?
If so that sounds utterly wrong. And moving from the instance side to the class side is even worse.
This smells like putting a single class around your old non-OO code.
If you don’t have REALLY good reasons to have such a number of methods in a class you should
consider to refactor the class into several classes.
This wouldn’t prevent you from having the problem to move methods around but would lessen the pain.

Regards,
Andreas