[squeak-dev] VM camera plugin on the Pi

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Apr 24 23:01:03 UTC 2014

> Well, it’s being used from Squeak in the Scratch image, so yup. If you download the original scratch source package from http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Scratch_1.4_Source_Code you’ll be able to find the code in CameraPlugin. BUT you almost certainly won’t be able to run the vanilla image on any vaguely modern VM you might have around since there are a few primitives wrongly referred to (damn that progress) so you’ll also need to find the original Mac or Windows package to get their old VM as well.
> Or you could almost certainly just read the changes file in a modern image with the filecodebrowser and pull out what you need.

Thanks,

I get no class definitions in the code file browser but maybe that's
normal. But it shows the date of the methods and from that I assumed the
plugin is not for the Pi camera but for USB cameras. I checked in
Scratch (The camera can be accessed to to make a new costume) and it
doesn't work with the Pi camera.

Sometimes I'm too optimistic :-))

Oh, and the image doesn't run on a modern VM but I'm still using 3.8 and
this VM is old enough to run the image. My first experience with a MVC
image.

Cheers,

Herbert