[squeak-dev] Help needed to compile a fresh Mac Carbon VM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Apr 26 00:59:50 UTC 2014

VM hackers and Mac enthusiasts, we need your help. Here is your chance to
earn big karma points, along with the grateful admiration of the your peers.

What we need: A freshly compiled Mac Carbon VM, just like the Squeak 4.2.5beta1U
VM on http://squeakvm.org/mac, but updated to use current VM sources, and to
include CameraPlugin and ScratchPlugin.

Why we need it: See below. We have a GSOC project mentor who needs to do work
on a Mac, who needs to run an image format 6502 (pre-closure) image, and is
running into problems related to the outdated Mac VM. We need an update to the
Mac VM so that the GSOC project can proceed, and to prevent problems like this
for other Mac users who need to be able to run older images (Etoys, Scratch, etc).

  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/positivedeviancy/5685265389584384

If you have the ability to compile a Mac Carbon VM and make it available to the
community, then please speak up. We need your help.

(Cross posted to several lists, but discussion should go to vm-dev if possible)

Thanks in advance,

Dave