[squeak-dev] Float parsed as a Fraction bug

J. Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Thu Aug 7 16:40:55 UTC 2014

  Hi Folks,

Just tried Smalltalk-80 (actually Apple Smalltalk-80 running in Mini vMac).
1e-3 "printIt" (1/1000)
1e-3 class "printIt" Fraction
1e3 "printIt" 1000
1e3 class "printIt" SmallInteger

This has always been the behavior in Squeak too.

Also check these comments from Dan:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2000-March/013368.html

I don't think this is a bug at all.
BTW, Cuis also supports 1r111111111111 = 12 after this :)

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich