[squeak-dev] Float parsed as a Fraction bug

J. Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Thu Aug 7 20:10:10 UTC 2014

Quoting Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM, J. Vuletich (mail lists) <
> juanlists at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>
>> The attach shows that in ST-80 a CompiledMethod can contain a Fraction
>> literal. Source code form for that is '1e-3'. Debugger works as in Squeak
>> or Cuis.
>

> then if you feel strongly change it back, but you need to fix this:
>
> (1/2) isLiteral false
>
> when you do so.

Well, I don't feel strongly about this, and I don't see what needs to
be changed back in Squeak or Cuis.

What I say is that the behavior we have in ST-80 / Squeak / Cuis seems
right to me, I don't see any problem at all.

So, please elaborate: What should be changed back in Squeak (or Cuis)?
Why does (1/2) isLiteral = false needs fixing? I mean, where is the
bug? (I mean in ST-80, Squeak and Cuis. Not Pharo, where there is a
bug while debugging this stuff.)

> --
> best,
> Eliot