[squeak-dev] Cursor position finding

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 12 19:26:36 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-12, at 21:20, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 12-08-2014, at 11:38 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>> There’s also a problem with uses of 'Sensor shiftPressed’ sending a flush, but I don’t see anything like a ‘ActiveHand shiftPressed’ method.
>
> I don’t seem to get sensible looking answers if I do
>  (Delay forMilliseconds: 1500) wait. ActiveHand anyButtonPressed
> and move the mouse around with a button pressed. I’d expect to get ‘true’ but don’t.

You wont, because you don't let Morphic process events if you block the UI process with a delay. This should work fine, however, in an actual method (invoked e.g. by the stepping mechanism).

You can also type "ActiveHand anyButtonPressed", press and hold a mouse button, then do cmd-p, to get true.

- Bert -