[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Aug 15 02:19:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> A new version of Multilingual was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

> Name: Multilingual-cbc.200
> Author: cbc
> Time: 14 August 2014, 1:32:39.389 pm
> UUID: 82f3111f-cca2-2941-9d64-1a9132c45dae
> Ancestors: Multilingual-ul.199
>
> Set the variable wantsLineEndConversions to true (in MultiByteFileStream initialize) if the platform line endings are no #cr.
> This results in default file writing to convert all #cr to whatever the default is for that platform.  On platforms where #cr is the default, it does no conversions.

I'm pretty sure that it's intentional that no conversion is set by
default. MultiByteFileStream is the default FileStream now, while
CrLfFileStream is (was) a special stream. MultiByteFileStream can convert
line endings if you tell them that you want it to, otherwise it'll behave
like the old StandardFileStream.

Levente