[squeak-dev] How to get a current clean 4.6 trunk image?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Aug 23 20:09:53 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your help. See below:

Am 05.08.2014 um 20:05 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> What OS are you running on?
I am on OS X 10.9.4.

> I don't know if this helps, but, at least on Mac OS X, my image build script from Cog works to the extent that only Environments and Monticello are marked dirty.  Note that Monticello is not actually dirty, and Environments is dirty because it has two ancestors, nice.47 & cmm.51 (as you report below).  You can find the script here:
>
>         http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/
>                 BuildSqueakTrunkImage.st    - the update script
>                 buildspurtrunkimage.sh          - the script that downloads Squeak-4.5-All-in-One, updates it to trunk, builds a VMMaker image, and uses that to convert the trunk image to Spur
>
> "Change the update stream to trunk and update"
> [MCMcmUpdater
>         defaultUpdateURL: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk';
>         updateFromServer] valueSupplyingAnswer: true.
>
> Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true
>
> The script has been tested on Mac and Linux.  The update process starts with an empty package cache.
I just tried your script in a Squeak4.5-13680.image starting with an empty package-cache. That is the image you use, if I interpret http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/envvars.sh correctly, right?

It results in "Error: Bits size mismatch" when trying to add Morphic-cmm.730.mcz to the cache. Does it currently work for you?

Cheers,
Bernhard