[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.5 Windows right-click debacle

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:01:25 UTC 2014

Hi guys, did anyone happen to notice that RIGHT-CLICK DOESN'T WORK in
Windows on our Squeak-4.5 release download?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xIgjzkwaWr4J:stackoverflow.com/questions/6802219/squeak-smalltalk-why-cant-i-activate-the-do-it-menu+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Verified.  HTF did this get past our testing?  Was it related to a
last-minute inclusion of the CogVM?

Whatever -- need to put out an update.  Some acquaintences of mine
wanting to learn Squeak, following Lawson English instructional videos
except they couldn't get the right-click menu, they sent me the link
above indicating others having the same issue.  Not a good first
impression!

1) What is the proper fix?  It seems the

   3ButtonMouse=0

in the "squeak.ini" file, it should be 1 right?  Changing it seems to
clear up the issue in Windows, but so does "swapMouseButtons" in the
image, but flipping that would foul it up for Linux so I'm thinking
the .ini file.

2) Did we do something related to "signing" for Mac and so I suppose
flipping that will require the new All-In-One to be resigned to work
on Mac (?).  I know nothing about Mac, please advise.

3) If we have to resign anyway, 4.5 has had a few updates taking it to
13687 instead of 13680 (current 4.5 download).  So if we have to
resign anyway, should we go ahead and deliver this latest image too?

4) If we delivering a new image, maybe we should call it 4.5.1?

As release manager, I'm embarassed, and inclined to make this right.
Please help me think this through and with the Mac stuff..