[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.5 Windows right-click debacle

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:03:15 UTC 2014

> Our image's swapMouseButtons preference is enabled by default. That is correct, in Squeak we want the right mouse button to bring up the context menu (yellow). In Etoys, it is disabled, right-click gives you the halo (blue).
>
> I think what needs to change is the Windows VM's default mapping.

For 4.5 All-In-One, It sounds like we're all in agreement that we want
Squeak to behave consistently across platforms out of the box, which
means twiddling that 3ButtonMouse setting in the .ini file.

So, now that enough people have weighed in, I will try to do that today.

PS -- Re: the All-In-One being a PITA:  Isn't it 10X more important
for the PITA to be directed at experienced users instead of new users?
 And, besides, I never really found it to be a PITA anyway, because
experienced users all know where the FTP site for the image is, and
heck, they're probably just using trunk anyway.  So, I don't really
buy the argument that All-In-One is a PITA for anyone....