[squeak-dev] No vm-display-x11 Plug-in After Building From Source On FreeBSD 10.1

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:58:26 UTC 2014

I’m looking forward to this.
Yesterday, in a process of debugging my systemd experiments [1], I compiled an interpreter vm. I mention this, because you are talking about making the process easy. David T. Lewis made a fire-and-forget script that is the easiest way I’ve seen so far to compile a vm on Linux. [2] I’m looking forward to CMake classes for building a Squeak vm..

Chris

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-July/179015.html <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-July/179015.html>
[2] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-October/166038.html <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-October/166038.html>
It didn’t seem to compile an X11 plugin, so I copied one from an earlier build. And I had to pull the no-sound plugin from out of its folder, so the vm could find it. The squeak.sh script wasn’t working.