[squeak-dev] re: weird image state

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Dec 28 17:20:45 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot--

> my image has got into that weird state where clicking on a window
> not at the front causes slow redraws of the restacked windows, I
> suspect because the execution simulator (a.k.a. the debugger) is
> running the drawing code.  If anyone recognises this state do they
> also know how to get out of it?

     I can get out of it by starting a new UI process, by halting with
meta-period.

     FYI, I can get into it by forcing a "syntax error" window (e.g., by
adding an instance variable to a class which already uses the instance
variable name as a temporary variable), editing the offending method to
get rid of the error, and continuing.

-C

--
Craig Latta