[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 7 00:48:56 UTC 2014

I would like to run for a position on the Squeak Oversight Board this year.

I have participated in the Squeak community as a hobby programmer for a number
of years, making contributions to Squeak and to the Squeak VM, and contributing
several packages of my own.

I value Squeak as an environment for learning and for exploring ideas. Exploring
means creating new ideas, and it also means finding and learning about the good
ideas of the past. I want to be able to explore the old but amazing Squeak News
and Worlds of Squeak, and I want to promote new and amazing ideas enabled by
Environments. I want to continue being part of an active Squeak community that
cares about quality, has respect for ideas old and new, and makes Squeak better
with each new release.

I expect to continue contributing to and learning from Squeak in years to come,
and for this reason it is important to me to see Squeak grow and evolve as a
reliable and easily accessible tool for learning and exploring ideas. If elected
to the board, I will do my best to promote these goals.

Dave