[squeak-dev] Build Slave

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 09:43:19 UTC 2014

On 8 February 2014 01:16, Tom Rushworth <tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I don't know if it's related, but I found that I HAD to have the user
> that was running the CI job also logged into the screen or the headless
> VM run would fail.

So the way my Mac's set up is that I have a jenkins user. I open a
terminal window and "sudo -u jenkins build_slave.sh" where
build_slave.sh contains the necessary commands to boot up a Jenkins
build slave and have it phone home.

Are you saying that the user running the script has to be the user
owning the desktop? What if you unset the DISPLAY env var? (I recall
seeing the squeak script checking for this.)

>  Is it possible that the headless VM failing could
> lead to a loop attempting to start the VM over and over until space is
> exhausted?

The space that's being exhausted here is the space the JVM uses to
store Java classes.

frank