[squeak-dev] Re: [gsoc-mentors] The truth on GSOC, ESUG and bad attitude

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Feb 9 22:03:15 UTC 2014

Dear all,

First to Luc: from your numbers it is clear that you are not to be
blamed on anything, because you were obviously misinformed and misguided.

Facts namely are:

1. GSoC mentors decided to pay extra stipendiums 3000 USD [1] while
   ESUG without approval paid 2000 more, 5000 USD, without any report
   back to GSoC mentors,

2. GSoC mentors decided to add past GSoC2012 amount to the pool for
   paying extra projects [2][3].

Calculation (without the Summit expenses) therefore is:

Income: GSoC 2012  13x 500 =  6.500 USD
        GSoC 2013  13x 500 =  6.500 USD
        ------------------------------
                             13.000 USD

Expenses:
        Extra stipendiums: 3x 3.000 = 9.000 USD

Difference: + 4.000 USD

If ESUG would follow the decisions of GSoC mentors it wouldn't loose any
money but gain 4.000 USD.

Those that misinformed and misguided you needs therefore to apologize to
you Luc, to the GSoC mentors and to me as admin!

Janko

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/smalltalk-gsoc-mentors/Yrlj8dIgGPg
[2]