[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] Unethical behaviour on GSoC 2010 (was The truth on GSOC, ESUG and bad attitude)

Dennis Schetinin chaetal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 05:21:56 UTC 2014

:)  Sorry, not very serious but still:

"Newspeak is a new programming language *in the tradition of Self and
Smalltalk*" [http://newspeaklanguage.org/]
"Pharo is a clean, innovative, open-source *Smalltalk-inspired environment*"
[http://www.pharo-project.org/home]

Should we ban Pharo projects because it's not Smalltalk, but only
"Smalltalk-inspired"? I guess Ruby can also call itself Smalltalk-inspired?
According to these definitions, Newspeak is even more Smalltalk-ish then
Pharo :)

And seriously, I think we discuss something else, not what Janko wanted to
say... But anyway, I think we should simply stop this discussion now, and
concentrate on our objectives (GSoC and others). And I hope some time later
the topic will calm down, Janko and Stéphane will find a way to revise
their positions towards collaboration, handshaking and even friendship for
benefits of Smalltalk and all IT community.

--

Best regards,

Dennis Schetinin