[squeak-dev] Morph wants to know when it loses focus

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Feb 12 00:45:49 UTC 2014

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 11.02.2014, at 22:21, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > On 11-02-2014, at 12:50 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >> Your morph should be sent keyboardFocusChange: false when it loses focus.
> >
> > Unfortunately that is only for something that got keyboard focus. I thought that
> > newMouseFocus: ought to be it but despite comments claiming to release the
> > mouse focus it only seems to be internal to the HandMorph; nothing seems to
> > go to the old focus morph.
>
> Yep.

So would having the morph return true to #handlesMouseOver: enough to
make it receive #mouseLeave: events? We really need some kind of event
debugger to see what is going on because there are too many interacting
parts. Sort of like what Linux has become (just try to figure out how to
select whether to boot in text or graphical modes, for example).

-- Jecel