[squeak-dev] Morph wants to know when it loses focus

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 11 23:55:30 UTC 2014

On 11-02-2014, at 4:45 PM, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> Unfortunately that is only for something that got keyboard focus. I thought that
>>> newMouseFocus: ought to be it but despite comments claiming to release the
>>> mouse focus it only seems to be internal to the HandMorph; nothing seems to
>>> go to the old focus morph.
>>
>> Yep.
>
> So would having the morph return true to #handlesMouseOver: enough to
> make it receive #mouseLeave: events? We really need some kind of event
> debugger to see what is going on because there are too many interacting
> parts.

Tried that; it is sent too late in the process to catch what I need. For my needs here mouseLeave isn’t appropriate since you want to be able to enter and leave the morph and even mouseDown on it in order to do something like a HaloMorph does. It’s only if you mouseDown on some other morph that I want it to go away.

tim
Real Daleks don't climb stairs - they level the building. <Re-no-vaaate><Re-no-vaaate!>