[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Feb 13 23:21:17 UTC 2014

Hi Göran,

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Göran Krampe wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 02/13/2014 04:50 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>> ...and btw, adding notes on Projects on SS that they are dead and
>>> pointing to StHub was a good idea BUT... my notes are gone. Probably
>>> due to SS restarted and losing data. Hmmm, I think I will delete my
>>> old projects simply.
>>
>> Not all projects are dead on squeaksource.com. If you don't plan to
>
> I didn't say they were. *Mine* are though since I copied them to StHub.

It seemed like you were not aware of the recent updates on
squeaksource.com.

>> update your projects there, then add a pointer to the new repository.
>
> Which is exactly what I did. And that pointer *disappeared*, which is what I
> described, I think you mistook "my notes" with something else.

Yes, I thought you were the one who wrote the notes on the main page. In
that case it's clearly data loss. When did you add those notes?

>> Deleting the projects will not help at all.
>
> Why not? Isn't it better to have a project in ONE place? If my projects are
> in SS, but only with outdated code - what help is that? It only confuses
> people
>
> And I have chosen to use SmalltalkHub for my personal projects - thus I want
> to have them *all* there, both new and old. Since I can't create new projects
> in SS, why should I keep *some* of them there?

Because SqueakMap entries, or Metacello configurations can still point to
versions in those repositories. Deleting the projects would break them.
Since squeaksource.com is stable again, I think it would be the best to
readd those notes.

>> The following messages describe why your notes were removed:
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2013-November/174578.html
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2013-December/174950.html
>
> I have no idea what you mean - those posts talk about some generic info that
> someone else put there, right? I am talking about my *own* descriptions on my
> *own* projects.

It's a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.

Levente