[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 14 08:18:40 UTC 2014

Hi David!

On 02/14/2014 02:19 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:53:33PM +0100, G?ran Krampe wrote:
>> You telling me that you may decide to forbid me from administrating my
>> own projects thus taking them from me - makes me want to just go there
>> RIGHT NOW and delete all my projects and beating you to it.
>
> Your projects belong to you, and nobody but you can decide how to manage
> them. Period.

Good.

> <OT>
> For my part, I volunteered to move squeaksource.com with the understanding
> that I was moving it to a safer home, not copying it to a read-only snapshot.
> If we had wanted a read-only snapshot, I would have done nothing at all,
> because the previous custodians of squeakmap.com had already committed to
> provide that.

I think you meant squeaksource.com. Yes. Thus it is NOT an archive, can
we agree on that?

This is actually the crux I think of us disagreeing on many aspects.

> Moving squeaksource.com to its new home took a good deal of time and effort
> from me and a number of other folks (including Chris) who pitched in to help.
> It was more work than I had anticipated but I think we can all be pleased
> with the outcome.

I am super happy you did it.

>> And yeah, I am seriously considering it too.
>>

> No need for that, just handle it as you originally intended. Move your
> project work to whatever repository you prefer to use, and update the
> project description for the previous squeaksource.com repository as you
> see fit.

I have done this and AFAICT I don't think anyone can accidentally think
its the current repo for those projects. Can anyone see any way that I
may have missed?

> You mentioned earlier that some of your project updates had been lost.
> Very possibly this was during the earlier period when squeaksource.com
> was losing data after every image restart. I don't think we have any way
> to recover lost data from that time period, but if you are able to re-enter
> the information, I am confident that it will not get lost again.

I reentered, it was no big deal.

Since I haven't followed this - did you move to Magma or? Is that why
things are not going to get lost from now on?

regards, Göran