[squeak-dev] Squeaksource.com (was: Andreas projects on SS)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:15:01 UTC 2014

On 14 February 2014 12:07, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:
>>Squeaksource.com is a service for providing personal (or shared)
>> repositories. If the owner decides to remove it, it should be her choice
>> alone. Taking over the server does not change that. This is unlike
>> source.squeak.org which is for "official" projects, where we can dictate the
>> rules
>
> Just a note, but the above statement is not at all an obvious statement for
> new users (or intermediate users like  tty).
>
> If TPTB want to make that clearer at both source.squeak.org and
> Squeaksource.com it would be a help imho

Fair point, but you can't just create a project on source.squeak.org,
firstly. So secondly if you _could_, you'd hopefully know that
source.squeak.org only hosted projects "owned" by the Squeak
community. I'd guess that implies MIT licence, and copyright residing
in the collective authors of commits to those projects. (But IANAL.)

frank