[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Feb 17 23:55:13 UTC 2014

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-February/006958.html

Name: Graphics-nice.289
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.288

Fix incorrect display of underscore and caret in case of WideString displayed in DejaVu sans Strike fonts.

Those fonts map caret Character (ascii 94) and underscore Character (ascii 95) to xTable at: 128 and 129 to avoid display of up and left arrow (thanks to characterToGlypMap ivar)

But some StrikeFont methods did access directly the xTable, ignoring the indirection characterToGlypMap. This is incorrect, and lead to various layout problems because widthOf: correctly takes the indirection into account. Among those problems we can cite:
- incorrect measurement of strings,
- unconsistent placement of cursor,
- weird text selection

This fix is a serious candidate for inclusion in 4.5 release, but I let the maintainer decide...

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-February/006959.html

Name: Tests-cmm.290
Ancestors: Tests-cwp.289

Minor factoring.