[squeak-dev] Preferences ignoreStyleIfOnlyBold

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 3 19:02:57 UTC 2014

As luck would have it, I just finished writing a set of unit tests to
verify filein and fileout capability of text attributes. This is included
in CollectionsTests-dtl.209 in the inbox. I think this may make it
somewhat easier to understand and maintain the support for styled text in
code.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-January/175795.html

As a matter of policy, it seems to me that since source code can be (and
sometimes is) in the form of styled text, and given that various people
have found interesting uses for this over the years, we should not do
something to make that impossible.

I also agree that it is preferable to store source code as plain text
wherever possible. I just would not want to make it impossible to store
styled text in the cases where someone has a good reason to do so.

Dave