Test expectation language (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: CollectionsTests-dtl.209.mcz)

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Jan 4 14:10:15 UTC 2014

Casey Ransberger-2 wrote
> I think keeping SUnit as simple as possible in the core system is the best
> plan

This is a tough one. After using Smalltalk for a few years now, and coming
from Ruby where I used Cucumber and RSpec heavily, I have come to the
opposite conclusion: if there is a place to include everything and the
kitchen sick, it's for testing. I find myself frequently not bothering to
test because I sit down to write the test, and realize that without
mocks/stubs/Phexample-building-on-last-scenario built in, I either don't
know how to do it, or it's not worth the effort. And the extra image size
seems less important because this presumably would all be unloaded for
production anyway.

-----
Cheers,
Sean