[squeak-dev] Request for interactive selector correction preference

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Jan 6 08:41:55 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm currently working a lot in workspaces, and using
dynamically-generated selectors in my code. This means that I have to
close a lot of pop-up windows telling me I'm using an unknown selector.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a preference for turning off that
behavior ?

The thing happens right at the beginning in
Parser>>#correctSelector:wordIntervals:exprInterval:ifAbort:

where we have:

	"If we can't ask the user, assume that the keyword will be defined later"
	self interactive ifFalse: [^proposedKeyword asSymbol].

I would propose to make it

	(self interactive or: [ "...some preference..." ])
		ifFalse: [^proposedKeyword asSymbol].

What do you think ?

Stef

---