[squeak-dev] Shrinking

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Fri Jan 10 14:38:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Colin
>
> at the start of this thread (6th January)
> you said that you do
>
>     Smalltalk shrinkAndCleanDesktop
>
> and later and after some fixes (to the image and/or the trunk?) you
> report that the resulting image is below 10MB.
>
> As of now is
>
>    Smalltalk shrinkAndCleanDesktop
>
> all that I need to do or do I need to issue other commands?

No. I started with that, but it doesn't quite work, so I extracted it into
a script. I've been tweaking the script to fix issues as they come up, and
to customize the shrink to the needs of my project. I'm pushing generally
useful fixes back into trunk, but it's not completely done yet.

I'm also finding that every time I update to a new trunk image from
build.squeak.org, I run into new issues. :-)

Colin