[squeak-dev] Shrinking

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 23:10:56 UTC 2014

> I'm hoping that's a good thing :/ Chris & I replaced the base CI
> image, by the way. So at least your starting point nowadays will have
> clean packages (even if it's not semi-pre-slimmed). I'll take another
> run at the the minimal-base-image-rehydrated-on-CI approach in the 4.6
> cycle.

Ah, good idea.  For 4.5, let's let the final deployment image to be
one which has never undergone a shrink / rehydration.  If we want to
risk that for 4.6 release then put out our *second* 4.6 alpha image be
one of those rehydrated so it can endure a full release-cycle of
testing including under our personal projects.