[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cwp.660.mcz

Florin Mateoc florin.mateoc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 17:26:05 UTC 2014

On 1/12/2014 9:22 AM, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Florin Mateoc <florin.mateoc at gmail.com <mailto:florin.mateoc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     No, by following the proxy's nextObject, we start iterating a different loop than the original one (constituted by
>     the bunch of objects just created, the proxy being the oldest in the bunch) until we reach the newest one among
>     them, which will return 0.
>

> I'm pretty sure there's just one loop. #allObjectsDo has one #whileFalse: message, and it keeps iterating until we
> reach 0.

There is no loop per se. #nextObject will always point to a newer object than self. If we, at some point send
#nextObject to a newly created object, like in the case of a materialized proxy, this newly created object is already
newer than the sentinel and the chain will never point back to before the sentinel. So once #nextObject gets sent to the
newer object, it will only follow the chain of objects that are even newer than the former proxy, which is a finite
bunch, and when we reach the newest of the bunch it will return 0.

Florin