[squeak-dev] Loading Packages Using Monticello Browser? OSProcess

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Tue Jan 14 00:10:05 UTC 2014

Based on the earlier threads, there are at least three ways to load packages from a variety of sources.

Monticello Browser
SqueakMap PackageBrowser
Installer (From Workspace)

Are there specific use cases for each of these options? It appears that #Installer may be
designed for programatic use where an additional set of known packages is desired on a repeatable basis.

Monticello and SqueakMap Browsers. I have not used the very much and have to look up the documentation
when ever I want to do something with them. (I have only published on package on Squeak Source and
it is no longer of much use because the technology it is based on is at end of life.)

SqueakMap seems to be end user focused with out of the box options.
Monticello is version control.

I don't know how SqueakMap3 and Git Hub play into this, but I suppose I will learn when I need to.

Thanks for the feedback,

johnreed