[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.107.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 11:24:12 UTC 2014

On 18 January 2014 23:20,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-cmm.107.mcz

> Name: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.107
> Author: cmm
> Time: 18 January 2014, 5:20:36.277 pm
> UUID: 6b317f48-4ad8-4fcf-a8d6-299a8166b54b
> Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-cwp.106
>
> prepareNewBuild to clean desktop, ensure clean packages and up-to-date docking bar properties.
>
> =============== Diff against ReleaseBuilder-cwp.106 ===============
>
> Item was removed:
> - ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>cleanPackages (in category 'scripts') -----
> - cleanPackages
> -       "Force-load the packages to ensure the image has what Trunk says it should."
> -       MCWorkingCopy allManagers do: [:wc |
> -               FileStream stdout nextPutAll: ('Cleaning {1}\' withCRs format: {wc packageName}).
> -               wc ancestors size = 1 ifFalse: [
> -                       self error: 'Package must have single parent: ', wc packageName].
> -               wc modified: true. "make sure actual diff is performed"
> -               [(MCRepository trunk versionWithInfo: wc ancestors first) load]
> -                       on: Warning do: [:w | w resume]].!
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>verifyPackagesClean (in category 'scripts') -----
> + verifyPackagesClean
> +       MCWorkingCopy allManagers do:
> +               [ : wc | wc ancestors size = 1 ifFalse: [ self error: 'Package should have single ancestor for release image.' , wc packageName ].
> +               wc modified ifTrue: [ self error: 'Packages should be clean for release image.' ] ]!

If I understand correctly, these do two different things: the former
#cleanPackages actually ensured that all packages really were clean by
forcing them to be dirty and then check their clean-ness. Sometimes
I've seen packages that _looked_ clean, but only because something
failed to notify the package that it had altered.

#verifyPackagesClean doesn't seem to do that: it only checks packages
that claim to be dirty. In theory that should be fine, except for the
apparently-clean-only-not-really problem.

frank