[squeak-dev] Squeak CI Job status

Jeff Gonis jeff.gonis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:32:51 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I was taking a look at the build.squeak.org server and it seemed like there
was a lot more red than green and I thought that I should at least start
contributing to trying to fix that. I added a project a while back to show
performance data from the image and it seemed to putting out some decent
data, at least from a trendline perspective, for the last little while.
Squeak was getting quite a bit faster from about the ~200 run of the
project to #380 before it popped back up.  I'll investigate the change in
speed and see if I can figure out the regression.

In the meantime however, the console output is showing that the actual
tests ran fine, but the "bundle install" command is failing because we
apparently don't have the appropriate ruby gem installed to run this
command.  Is this something I can fix via the Hudson web console or would I
need access to the build server to do so? Does anyone with more ruby
experience have a suggestion for this?

Both of the FreeBSD Interpreter and CogVM build jobs seem to be failing on
the basis of being unable to use Git to checkout Frank's squeakci
repository. I am not sure if that can be remedied by updating the installed
software on the FreeBSD build slaves.

Finally I wanted to ask about build machine coverage.  Do we still need a
mac osx build machine to use remotely with Hudson and what about a windows
machine?  I have recently come into some machines and I was wondering if
donating time on those two operating systems would be worthwhile? They are
respectively running the latest version of OSX and Windows 8.1. I am
assuming that our linux coverage is good.

Thanks for your help and time,
Jeff