[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 1

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Mon Jan 27 21:23:23 UTC 2014

1. There is an interesting (and to me, unnerving) new feature in Squeak Squeak4.5-13663.

Automatic pane resizing in System Browser.

When I mouse around in a newly opened window, the panes resize their height and width in seemingly random ways. I find no value in the resizing that is done.

2. Comment:  From an experienced user perspective, I appreciate the clean look when I first open Squeak.
>From a new user perspective, I appreciate the introductory screens.

3. Presenter(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #associatedMorph
     a. Open Squeak
     b. Open a new morphic project
     c. Return to previous project
     d. Select red X, close this window.