[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 1

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 28 01:03:59 UTC 2014

On 27-01-2014, at 4:12 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

>  - I expected more thoughtful critique from the guy redoing Scratch
> than premature "flummery" dismissal.

‘Scuse me? Inappropriate conflation combined with a sort of inverted ad hominem? That’s an interesting approach to debate…

I don’t like UI elements that wiggle around. Two reasons
a) confusion. confusion and surprise. confusion, surprise and indignation. Ok, that’s three there.
b) Clippy. Nuff said.

Not to mention that on slower machines these assorted animations, syntax prettifiers, ‘helpful assistance’ etc widgets too often turn out to suck up all the cpu and at the very least go choppy and distracting.

tim
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.