[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.585.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:40:36 UTC 2014

Bert, perhaps Eric Gamma would be interested in debating with you the
validity of Proxy pattern, I'm not.  The only thing I can do is direct
you to works of universally accepted design patterns [1] and scores of
systems that use Proxy's reliably, everyday (including Magma).

Further, I already stated I'm not beholden to solving the problem with
the Proxy pattern, yet you continue to hammer your adjectives on it.
Why won't you say something about the problem it's targeting and/or
offer up one of your "much less brittle ways to achieve this..."?

[1] -- (see Chapter 4)
http://www.amazon.com/Design-Patterns-Elements-Reusable-Object-Oriented/dp/0201633612/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390944300&sr=8-1&keywords=design+patterns

or

http://www.amazon.com/The-Design-Patterns-Smalltalk-Companion/dp/0201184621/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390944324&sr=8-2&keywords=design+patterns+smalltalk